Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Baby Steps

Had an early morning visit with my trainer at the Wellness Center.  What a great opportunity to have access to the machines and to have a trainer who will be helping me along the way.  I felt enthusiastic and eager to learn more after our first session.  I felt clumsy and awkward on some of the equipment I hadn't used before, but I am sure with time I will become more familiar with it.   It was my daughters birthday today so we took the family out for dinner.  Having the thought in the back of my mind that I need to maintain a food log and turn the log in each week kept me focused on chosing the right food and drink along with being mindful of portion size.   At this point for me it is baby steps--one thing at a time and taking it slow.  Small changes and thinking things through will add up in the long run.  I look forward to the Weigh to Health classes that start next week for additional learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment